FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Will My Tan Look Natural?
A. Yes. Whichever SunSpa treatment you choose, the results will give you an even, streak-free tan that is rich in colour and natural looking. All SunSpa’s spray tan treatments use our specially formulated sunspray, which ensures that your tan looks just like the real thing, with no messy rubbing or blending. You will leave your treatment with an instant natural glow – you’ll get that instant feel good factor with SunSpa.
Q. How long will the tan last?
A. Some clients report the tan lasting 14 days, however, on average you should expect your tan to last 7-10 days, depending on your skin type. To prolong the life of your tan we recommend that you follow the guidelines on skin preparation and maintenance.
Q. How does SunSpa work?
A. The specially formulated SunSpa sunspray used in all our spray tanning treatments treatments is applied to your skin as a fine mist. The gentle blend of SunSpa sunspray contains a completely safe active ingredient called DHA (Dihydroxy Acetone), which has been used in beauty products since the 1960’s. The DHA reacts with the amino acids found in the outer layers of your skin, to produce a deep, smooth, natural looking tan. Your own natural reaction to SunSpa will develop into a beautiful natural bronze colour.
Q. Is it safe?
A. SunSpa gives you the perfect no risk tan. SunSpa is free from the risks associated with sunbeds and UV tanning, but with no compromise on the results.
Q. How should I prepare for my Treatment?
A. To ensure you get the best results from your treatment you should take the time to prepare your skin.
- Ideally you should exfoliate and moisturise your skin the night before your treatment. If possible avoid moisturising on the day of your treatment as this may reduce the results of your tan. Try the specially designed SunSpa Exfoliating Wipes, which can be used on the day of your treatment and will not affect the results of your tan. This will ensure your skin is well prepared and assist with prolonging the tan
- Avoid any treatments, which will open the pores of your skin, in the preceding 24 hours before your treatment. This includes waxing, eyebrow plucking etc
Q. What should I wear for my treatment?
A. For your treatment, wear whatever is comfortable for you e.g. thong, string, bikini etc. Your therapist may offer you paper thongs or panties.
- Ideally take dark loose clothing to wear following your treatment. The sunspray can stain light coloured nylon garments
- Avoid wearing tight or abrasive clothing such as jeans following your treatment as this may cause excessive rubbing and affect your overall results
Q. How can I prolong my tan?
A. Moisturising your skin regularly will help slow the natural exfoliation rate of your skin and prolong the tan. Avoid any activities which may accelerate the exfoliation process, such as:
- Moisturising creams and lotions containing AHA (Alph Hydroxy Acid), sometimes referred to as fruit acid
- Long hot baths
- Rubbing your skin dry (with a towel) after baths or showers – simply pat the skin dry
- Too much swimming – Chlorine in particular will bleach the tan
- Activities which cause excessive perspiration
- Tight clothing that may rub excessively
- Using a loofa or scrub mitt
- Using toners with alcohol
- Depilatory hair removing products
Q. Can Vitiligo suffers use SunSpa Airbrush Tanning treatments?
A. Yes, Vitiligo suffers find that SunSpa makes a noticeable difference, in particular SunSpa’s Tan-in-a-Can® provides an easy home solution.
Q. Can I Sunbathe using Sunspa?
A. A SunSpa treatment does not contain any SPF factors, therefore you will need to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun in the normal way.